The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. We are closely monitoring COVID-19, including the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC-recommended protocols for healthcare providers regarding COVID-19 are aligned with our existing protocols for flu season. During flu season, we emphasize an array of preventative measures that protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness.
In addition to our existing protocols and our rigorous cleaning procedures, to further ensure the safety of those we serve, we have:
- Implemented travel restrictions for our employees
- Mandated that any employees feeling unwell stay home
- Not permitting visitors in the office during patient visits with a Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Chemotherapy Education and have implemented telehealth visits where possible.
- Patients coming in for treatment are now requested to be dropped off and picked up in an attempt to eliminate crowding in our patient waiting area and clinical areas.
- Asked all patients experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or difficulty breathing; those who traveled to areas impacted by the COVID-19 within the past 14 days or who may have been exposed to the coronavirus to contact MOHC before visiting our clinics for scheduled appointments
- Effective 4/28/2020: All individuals are required to wear a face covering in HFGG as well as MOHC office at all times as per the mandate issued by the Governor of the State of Delaware
State of Delaware State of Emergency Updates as of 4/27/2020: https://governor.delaware.gov/health-soe/thirteenth-state-of-emergency/
About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/about
What you need to Know: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.html
COVID-19 Video for kids: https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/
World Heath Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
For more information, call the DPH Coronavirus information line at 1-866-408-1899, TTY at 1-800-232-5460 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org